Sunday 21 June 2015

MIDSUMMER MEET & EAT PART TWO..

Lucas made a last minute plea to be allowed to come to Dawn's and since he'd been quite good lately, if you don't count giving half the cat food to the dogs when told to not feed any of them, he'd actually been ok!

So I left him with the others who'd gone to Dawn's on behalf of the Village, while I took some photo's and had some lunch and a good old natter and he was very well behaved , much to my surprised although he did have a wet trouser leg and his hood was damp and some damp strands of hair but he say one of the babies had spilt their water on him and he'd just managed to jump out the way of most of it.

So I have promised him some sweets tomorrow after nursery.I do believe he's turning a corner in his bad behavour, so proud.



*****************************************************************************



" Look socks! Mum's just gone round the end of the garden, let's go follow her "
Socks is not sure it's a good idea, he thought Hattie had told them to stay put while she helped Meredith who'd felt faint.


socks soon finds himself following after his master down and round into the garden. Lucas stops to look through a fence " Look Lettuce socks..Ugh we don't like no lettuce we not rabbits!"
"Woof " agrees Socks mind you he likes to chase rabbits ..


Lucas spends so much time looking into everything that he's soon worn out and needs a rest.
Socks waits patiently for Lucas to be ready to carry on, he was just onto a good scent !



Mum's long gone by the time Lucas and Socks get to the centre of the semi circle and see a little girl bending over in the centre of a wall?
"Come on Socks, lets go see her!"


"Look! Water! " says Lucas
Where ? wonders Socks looking round!


Someone else has arrived at the Pond at the same time, It's Little Miss Dmd and her girl Laura who is looking beautiful in her new outfit from the Sasha celebration weekend.


and also Clemence Laura's bear.


Lucas has no time for the lovely Laura being as she's a girl and he's just found a pond! He lays down and looks into the water.


He tries to reach down to put his fingers in but it's too far away! It's no good, he's going to have to get in!
Quickly he takes off his shoes knowing if they get wet , Hattie and Mum will know what he's been up to!


"You wait there Socks while I get down " He orders slipping over the edge. Socks waits..


Once Lucas is standing on the pebbles in the pond he calls to Socks " Come on Socks, lets get you into the water " he gestures for Socks to come to him
But Socks brain stopped on the word WATER !


WATER ! WATER ! what he's saying is BATH! thinks Socks, Socks does not like baths!


"SOCKS!" calls Lucas "Come back!" But Socks is not having a bath today no thank you Mrs and he's heading off a safe distance from any water thank you very much!


Lucas gives up on Socks with a sigh and turns towards the children in the middle of the pond.


The pond seems to be tilting ! He looks back and see Little Miss Dmd  is moving the pond up with her hand to make Laura and Clemence call out in fright! Clemence is also in the pond eyeing up the children in the centre " Stop messing about!" says Lucas


laughing She puts her hand on the wall and straightens the pond , so Lucas starts towards the children in the centre!


Soon he's paddling beside the little girl who is doing the same. " This waters a bit nippy " Lucas tells her


"Does your mum  Mrs Dawn tell you off for standing in this pond? " Lucas carries on " My mum would send me to bed if she found out, she says little children and ponds don't mix ! what's that supposed to mean? "


" Bye I 'm going to talk to your brother!"


Lucas climbs out of the water and goes over to the little boy kneeling on the circle.


He whispers in the boys ear " I knows you come alive when you think no ones looking!" The statue stays silent..


"WOOF WOOF!" Socks starts barking from the side "WOOF WOOF WOOF!"
which in dogs means ...hurry up and get out that bath !


But Lucas just tells Socks to wait and goes off to climb onto the back of the girl bending over to look into the pond.


Lucas laughs happily " What's that on your head? " he asks curiously " Is that bird poo!"
The statue of the girls says nothing.


Meanwhile Clemence has decided he wants to visit the children in the middle of the pond and is working his way across the stones trying not to get wet " Clemence !" says Miss Dmd " Come back you scamp! It's too dangerous !"
But being a very determined little fellow he carries on.


Meanwhile back in the centre Lucas is arguing with the statue " It's not Lichen It's poo!" crows Lucas giggling " POO Poo! you got poo on your hea...... "


"OUCH!" suddenly Lucas find himself laying on his back on the pebbles in the water , it takes him a minute to catch his breath " Wh....y you....do..that..? I coul..d bin...killed...!"
The statue stays silent ..but is her smile wider?


Lucas rolls onto his front and starts pulling himself across the pebbles " That's not nice... Mum would send you to bed with no dinner " he drags himself slowly up " and Mrs Doddle dolly is gonna be mad at you for getting my doddle dollies wet ! just you wait and see !"


"This is hard getting up here " Mutters Lucas worn out from his adventure in the pond.


but finally with a grunt and a groan he pulls himself over the side and onto the top.


He stays still for a moment resting then sits up



only for Socks to come bounding round straight into his lap and start licking his face which causes Lucas to topple back


" Stop Socks " giggles Lucas while Socks licks and licks his masters face in relief that he survived his bath !
Boy and dog spend a while giggling and licking until finally Lucas gets up.


"Come on Socks Lets go back in, I saw a rocking horse in the dinner room ! " Lucas tells his dog They start making their was round the pond edge.


Clemence mean times made it to the centre of the pond and is sitting in the little girls lap enjoying the view back across the pond. " It's a lovely spot you have here " he tells the girl " I could sit here all day "


Suddenly lots of Woof's are coming towards them from the edge " WOOF Woof woof woof  "

Clemence sighs " Ignore him, he thinks this is a bath and he's warning me about the soap !" he turns towards Socks " Yes yes ... thank you ... yes soap ..eyes.. Yes Bye .. I'm fine.. bye"
Thankfully Lucas has carried on towards the house so Socks dashes off to catch up and finally peace reigns



To be continued...yes there another part...


*********************************************************************************
I must thank my young assistant Louise who appeared at the pond and said " I'll put him on the centre for you " there by enabling me to take a larger range of photos and her to realise that she'd just signed on with the devil! Because the poor woman was having to go back and forth moving Lucas from Statue to statue and being ordered to turn him this way and that. So , many many thanks to Louise for not vanishing when my back was turned and leaving me to try and convince Little Miss Dmd  that her mum would be fine if she went and saved my toddler from the pond!!! or failing that me from climbing into that pebble covered pond and not breaking an ankle trying to get him back!

Oh and do you like how I saved the day by having Miss Dmd lift the pond to get over my usual not paying attending to level photographs!!
**********************************************************************************


12 comments:

  1. My goodness, I didn't know she has the power to tip up a stone pond like that, but at least it had the effect of disconcerting a certain little naughty red haired toddler and distract him momentarily from naughtiness, she will certainly need that skill when her own small red haired boy arrives later this year.

    You will have to see the Clemence angle to this story on my blog when I have a moment to edit the photos and Dmd has a moment to compose the story, she is going to love your story when she eats her breakfast in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing ! She knew just when to tilt that pond to stop my photo from being at a crazy angle! :) Unfortunately it did not stop Lucas from going over to annoy the statues!

      I look forward to hearing Clemence's side of the pond visit and I hope Dmd enjoys her breakfast and her breakfast reading :)

      Delete
  2. 'Ello Lukey!

    Why you not send for me come with you to Mrs. Dawn's Eat The Meat Day? It look fun an' all them Mums was too busy to see what we get up to. Miss Dmd must be got most 'normous muscles and I wanna see them. She look fun to be with, she 'scape from the grown ups what eating up all the meat to play instead.

    Like that pond, our pond too big for paddles so I gonna learn swimmin' but you not tell grown ups. Silly grown ups, corse little children and ponds not mix. Your Mum think we melt into water like ice lollies? Why they put us in bath, then?

    You right, them statute kids be alive, but they sensible. They stayin' still til grown ups go bed so they don't have go to school or help with chores! Think I be statue kid when I be bigger. You want be statue in our pond? Dada goin' put rocks in middle for ducks but we can be statues there instead.

    Missin' you an' Mr Mossy lots Bruv.
    See you at Snippy Chippy though. It be near Mam's Birthday, so maybe she do Doddle Doos shoppin' from Auntie Judith and 'nother Mrs Ruth shoppin', oooh,an Sasha Pottymouse shoppin' and nice knitty things from nother ladies. Mam's get rich at birthdays and spend lots on us kids! I bring you present then too an' we go see Sir Dragon and the Gargoyles, yes?
    From
    Connor (no kisses 'boys we boys)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connor
      Shhhhh! Don't tell mum i was in pond or I get in trouble, she did buy me some sweets cause I was so good :)
      I gonna learn swimming when I is four mum says but I will only if Socks can too! Cause Socks is my bestest friend apart from you.
      I wish you could come play with me and Socks, why you no move down the road, then we could play every day like Toby and Zak do!

      That old Mossy is so funny but I don't see it But mum is always saying he makes her laugh!!
      Well am going now cos I was good mum say i could pick the film for us kids to watch tonight.
      Tell your mumbring lots of dosh to snip and chips, cos then she can buy me some chips cos I like chips and ketchup
      see ya wouldnt wanta be ya!!
      Your bestest friend
      Lukey, you no kissy kissy mate!

      Delete
  3. Love the story, that Lucas, he's a little monster without a doubt.
    You were very lucky to have Louise to rescue him from the pond and move about over those pebbles, she is used to running after little boys though, she has a little fellow of her own, although I do believe he is a little better behaved than Lucas...thank goodness for that!!
    I didn't show this post to Teddy, he'd have wanted to join Lucas, he's not very brave but easily led...and he loves water, living by the sea and all!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, Lucas is indeed an little devil! :)
      Thank goodness for Louise and she knew exactly how to handle this monster being an ace at handling little boys! :)
      No best not to show Teddy, he had more than enough of Lucas getting him into trouble when he visited! :) hugs xxx

      Delete
  4. What a darling story Dee and I still love Lucas, warts and all :). I hope he remembered his shoes! The statues in Dawn's pond are so lovely. It is wonderful to imagine the children playing in the pond and enjoying a summer's day. Delightful! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Ginger, Lucas a scamp but a lovable one :) and he is very clever and did remember to put his shoes back on!
      It's a lovely pnd that I think would be loved by all children visiting Dawn's garden :)xxx

      Delete
  5. Lovely story and photos Dee, you definitely had an expert little boy handler helping you lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise. It was perfect that I had you , a professional boy wrangler along :)xxx

      Delete
  6. Now THIS post certainly made up for me not being able to go this year! Just how I like them. Plenty of naughty Sasha action involved.

    At first, knowing the raised pond well, I was wondering just how you were able to move and position Lucas around.... especially when in the centre with the children ....BUT then ALL was revealed at the very end.... an extremely agile helper by the name of Louise!

    Great toddler interactive talk between Connor and Lucas in the comments. How I wish that I could just let myself go and do the same.... BUT NO.... not even on Bea's behalf!

    Posts like this MAKE MY DAY! Thanks a mill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it made your day Kendal! :) Yes I was lucky to have the nimble Louise to be my assistant made life so much easier ! :)

      I'm sure Bea would be very interesting should she wish to 'talk' to Lucas and Connor :)x

      Delete