Sunday 1 January 2017

THE FIRST POST.................OF 2017





2017 a whole new year for us to explore as each day arrives.

I gave up making new years resolutions a few years back but when a new year arrives you do tend to think on things you would like to achieve or do better or change etc. So from that point of view I do have a few things I'd like to achieve this year.

On the doll front there is nothing I need but a couple I'd like but no plans to buy any, although I never actually have any plans to buy any!and look what happens!

This year I would like to be more creative! Achieve a few things that I never seem to have the time to do or make excuses to avoid doing them! I want to manage my time better. It is so easy to get stuck on the computer all evening and not get things done. since getting my ipad , it's been easier not to spend all evening over at the computer but I still prefer the computer for blogging and viewing things.

I'm going to try and take more photos of all my dolls, not just my Sasha's but my other dolls too. I have purchased a few this year and I would like to give them some attention , so one of my aims will be to 'play' with them so I can post their photos on my Dolly Dreaming blog. Also I'd like to take more interesting photos.I need to get outside and explore the country for my photo's and to this end I will try and take some doll photos somewhere away from home each month. I will call these posts, A Doll , A camera and Me.

This year I must also take myself off down to the Sasha studio, evict the spiders and start making use of all the lovely space! I will need to wait until about April when the weather warms up or until we have the electric rerun to the workshop plus due to house improvements I have quite a few boxes in the way!


While sorting out the house, Paul said I could use the old under stair's cupboard to store my doll clothes boxes.


so here most of them are...


but I still had these to sort out although the red box at the top is the CnS box , so that's now gone into the Sasha studio out the way but I still need to reduce some of the clothes I have however since I only buy clothes I love it's very hard to part with any!

I have found though, that since I've reached 60 and we have started sorting out the house, I am finding it easier to get rid of things that we have  no use for or filled the place up but I have loved so did not want to lose. It could be an age thing , I'm not sure but I have managed last year to get rid of clothes,furniture and other bits and bobs that have been around the house for years!  It's quite liberating once you gain the space. I just need to take this attitude over to the doll things!
The problem with that part seems to be that I'll be good, get rid of quite a bit , only to then acquire more! So not quite whats meant to happen!

It's like making the same thing for dinner every week , month or year when people come because they said how much they liked it the first time, that doesn't mean they want that same thing forever more! I have customers who do the same thing every time they visit, same amount in same way, they have a routine and stick to it, come hail or shine ! but to live life you need to be open to change, willing to move forward and spin the wheel and see what happens! That's called living.

I've lots of wool and have hardly done any knitting last year, so one of my plans is to start knitting again so it gets used up and then that will reduce the boxes ! Same with my fabric, I have boxes of that and will this year try to start using it. I have not one but two sewing machines, one of which is an all singing and dancing one! But I never use it, so this year I am going to spend sometime trying it out!So time will be spent on using up both wool and fabric and none will be bought until at least half the amount here is used up.

Back  due to popular demand I will continue showing anyone, who wants to share, doll shelf or doll photo's but for this year they will be shown on the fifth of each month starting on the 5th January, so get snapping your public awaits! You can start sending them in whenever you are ready.




The fifth Chat n Snap will be held on the 21st October and membership will be open for places on the 10th January , I will give a link to new website once it's up and running and let people know etc.


The problem with having to work for a living means it can get in the way of my creativity! The story running through my head , has to wait, the photos of the dolls have to wait because it's too dark or grey or late when I get in from work. I don't have the prop that will make the story perfect or the space to fill and take the photos and I don't get my act together and do it all when I have the time or the light , so this year I will try to be more on the ball with getting those photos and posting those stories etc. The wonders you would see if I had a whole crew of props, people and time at my disposal ;) but alas that's not likely to happen so it will be just me !

No doubt other things will come to mind over the month that I'll add to my list, I do love a list! lol but I especially like to be able to look back and see whats been crossed off and which as not! Could this be the year the list gets completed......

So wishing everyone a great year ahead.

Dee








16 comments:

  1. Good luck with all that you wish to do over the next year.
    Loving this new blog background. I had hoped to change mine with Chon's help but time ran out as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal the list is usually long!
      I'm hoping to try out a couple of others but I do not think there are that many to chose from but this is quite witery

      Delete
  2. Quite a lot of resolutions there! Happy New Year. I've put the CnS date in my diary, just checking for potential musical event clashes, hopefully it will not be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not resolutions but plans 😉 But we all know the best laid plans etc!
      Hope you and little miss dome can make the CnS this year.

      Delete
  3. All the best for TWENTY SEVENTEEN!!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Happy 2017 Dee, I know what you mean with work getting in the way, there's not much time left to do what you'd really like, especially in the evenings when it gets dark, but it seems you've done a really good job of sorting things out that you don't really need but haven't had the heart to throw away. Keep up the good work this year. I finally seem to have got Wordpress sorted to leave a comment ! Viv

    unfortunately it did not work, so I am leaving it for Viv until she can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the problem with working! but unless that old lottery would like to give me a few hundred grand i'll just have to improve my game! lol

      I am definitely in a get rid of it mood as I'm going to go throw out some things this afternoon! and already have a couple of bags for the Charity shops.
      Happy New Year

      Delete
  5. I love reading this. I was nodding in lots of places too, but you have more energy that I have, so I was also thinking 'not for me' in other places too! LOL!
    And thank you for the link to the other Blog, I had somehow missed that along the line, I will go and read that in a minute.

    And *drool* at all those clothes boxes.......I have boxes and boxes like that for my dolls, all named for the specific doll they are for too! Dolly clothes are my downfall.

    I gave up making resolutions years ago but I do tend to *name* the new year. Last year was the 'Year of Productivity' and I was so pleased with the direction that gave me that I am seriously considering naming this year 'The Year of Productivity 2' !!! LOL!

    Happy New Year and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The problem with my boxes is most if not all are for the Sasha dolls and one is for all the rest!
    I like the naming a New Year idea, I may call this New Year , The year of Creativity! I say go for the Year of Productivity 2... some sequels are very good... ;)
    Happy New Year and Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call me lazy (my parents did and I thought it was part of my name) but I've only just got up.... and it's 2pm, so Happy Late New Year to all residents of and readers about The Sasha Village.

    My name for 2017 is Shut Up the Laptop and Do Something Year. When did the little machine become a life substitute?

    So.....by 5th January I must have something ready for a doll to wear. Glad you are going to keep me on track - my resolution, made just now, is to send a monthly photo to you of a doll wearing or using something new.
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be regressing into a teenager as they usually like to lay abed ALL day! lol Your name for 2017 sounds a good one!
      That's good that you intend to send a doll shelf photo EVERY month lol we will hold you to it.. we don't want you falling behind.....
      Happy New Year xx

      Delete
  8. I wish you every success with your list Dee and every happiness in 2017. I am so impressed that you have given so much thought to your goals for 2017 and also things to improve from the past year. It is good to reflect and plan for the new year. Happy New Year! 😊 Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger I will need it! lol I do like to have a few things to aim for and can start off full of determination only to have other things turn me from my course, so I am hoping that I will achieve at least some of my aims in this coming year.
      Happy New Year :) xxx

      Delete
  9. I hope 2017 is a great year for you Dee!
    I also wish you well with everything you wish to achieve :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon and I wish the same for you xxx

      Delete