Monday 6 February 2017

TAKE SOME MORE TEA ......

" Take some more tea, " the March Hare said to Alice ,very earnestly
"I've had nothing yet ," Alice replied in an offended tone, "so I can't
take more"
"You mean you can't take less ," said the Hatter " it's very easy to take
 more than nothing"
"Nobody asked your opinion ," said Alice. 


from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll


Today I spent some time sorting out some of the China I have for all my dolls. I gathered up the china from various places and in various boxes and brought it into the kitchen along with the dolls welsh dresser.

Naturally I found a couple of things I did not realise I had, like a blue and white teapot, milk jug and sugar bowl ! and did not have more than one cup, saucer and plate in another design when I was sure I had two ?



Some china like these plates I have had for years and were not bought for dolls play but because they are small and I love them. They are probably part of a child's dinner or tea set, I would love to find more but have had these for a good 20 years of more.



These two sets are by Coalport, on the left is Ming Rose and on the right is India Tree Coral.
I'm intending to increase the Ming Rose set and will leave the India Tree as is.






The slightly bigger sets together.




I took lots of photos of all the different sets and china in different combinations but if I put them all on you'd nod off, so here is an arrangement of some of the china.



At the end I decided to pack most of it away inside the cupboard, interested to see just how much it will hold. 



It can hold a fair bit! 



The refilled top of the dresser.



These spoons are vintage Mustard  or salt spoons which I picked up on ebay a few years back for a few pounds, I have another couple around somewhere!



I thought you might like to see my little tripod that I bought to try and help get my photos straighter! 

Because I took so many photo's and I always like to share, I'm going to put a page at the top of the home page, where I'll load any extra photo's that may be worth seeing.



*********************************************************************************

22 comments:

  1. Yeeks! China! Oh so beautiful -and oh so tiny.
    How could anyone resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly It's so hard to resist but I have been collecting for a good few years :)

      Delete
  2. What an interesting collection of miniature china. It is a good thing the Welsh dresser has a big storage space under the display shelves. I've got a doll size Welsh dresser too (an apprentice piece I bought locally some years ago), it has drawers and an open shelf below the the drawers. The display shelves hold a variety of miniature teddy bears. I've never photographed it as I keep planning to include it in story line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A variety of sizes to cover a variety of dolls. I bought the dresser from a local second hand shop a few years ago and it's always appearing in post as a background piece, I believe it was made by someone from a magazine article probably in a woodworking one. It's not brilliant and I keep planing to paint it, maybe sometime this summer.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! What a heavenly photoshoot *happy happy sigh*
    And I have finally met someone who has more miniature china sets than I have.....no more guilt! Heheheheheee........I will certainly be back again tomorrow to look again at this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha .. I cannot help myself I just have always loved china and always love miniature copies of real things so.... this is the result!
      I have to confess it's not all even there..... :)

      Delete
  4. What beautiful china, so fine. I didn't know you could get such a selection. I must have some mustard or salt spoons as I can remember my mother using those - must look for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. It's amazing whats out there when you start searching :)
      The Mustard and Salt spoons are a great size , I found another couple today that were in a 'safe' place! lol and I'm sure there's another around somewhere.

      Delete
  5. Oh, are we envious! It's all so beautiful. I especially like the India Tree Coral china. I would love to find some nice spoons like those.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, the India Tree Coral appears on ebay every so often , there also a coloured version. Unfortunately I think people are now turning these spoons into brooches and selling them, which is a shame as they are so sweet in their own right.

      Delete
  6. I'm very impressed by your china collection. It's all so beautiful - and it looks great stored in the dresser.
    So, no reason for cupboard envy ;)
    The small spoons are adorable! I know we used to have a salt spoon, but I can't remember where I put it...
    Love the flowers in the vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but a cupboard such as yours could be filled with more... :)
      The Salt spoons are a great size for Sasha's.
      The flowers are from an artificial bunch.

      Delete
  7. WOW Dee you do have some beautiful china there and it looks great on the cabinet. I have a tiny china spoon at home and think these little spoons are just perfect for the dolly table settings.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I do collect miniature china for it's self not just for the dolls :) I love all miniatures and the spoons are so sweet and most are silver :) xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely china and beautiful patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so lovely - what an impressive collection! You can never have enough tea china.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to agree you can never have too much tea china :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful sets of china and china pieces. I like your cupboard too. My eyes always go to the blue and white china but I really like your India Tree pattern very much. What a cute tripod you found! A lovely post Dee and thank you. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, I do sooo love china in all sizes! :)
      When Paul shes the dresser he grimaces , with luck he may one day make me a better one ;)
      The tripod is proving very helpful :) xxx

      Delete
  11. Dee - once again, we seem to be collectors of similar things.

    I have lots of doll china and my childhood dolls' cuttlery set, but nothing to display it on that matches your superb little Welsh dresser for size or quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) of course we have that's why we get on so well :)

      That little dresser was a great find, even if Paul gives it the cold eye when he sees it! ( I'm hoping he'll appear one day with an all singing and dancing one he's made ) but it is great for displaying the china with the dolls, but quite big to get under kitchen cupboards which is why it's rarely om shot. :)

      Delete