Sunday 17 September 2017

SUNDAY AND IT'S TIME TO CATCH UP.

It's already the middle of September! I've just had a lovely two weeks off work but it's now time to get back into the swing of things.

Because we've been away , we've been inspired, as usual, to get on with things, change things, clear out things! I so love holidays they give you that chance to recharge the batteries and think about what you are doing at work and also at home.

First up, seeing all those gardens made us decide it was time to sort out one of the borders at home and this time we followed the recommended rules! We went off to one of our favourite garden nurseries and bought a few plants.


So this was what the garden table looked like after our visit!


They always tell you to buy three or five of a plant not just one if you want to get a nice big group of colour, so that's what we did , we bought three of most plants and just one set of five.

And an amazing thing happened! That evening I noticed this strange flying thing around the plants...


My daughter managed to get a photo of it and Paul identified it as A Humming Bird Hawk Moth!  It's wings were going so fast it was really hard to get a clear photo! This was the only one we managed between us! I have never ever seen one before in the garden or in life! So it's nice to know it's out there and we are putting in plants that will feed it and it's offspring!

The next day due to gale force winds being forecast I moved all the plants off the table and under some shelter , so a couple of days later Paul moved them back so they could get some light and water.




It's actually working out quite well as keep moving things about and some of them flowering more is enabling us to see what looks good together. I think they would all look quite good together in one bed!

Paul been working on the folly everyday although the rains made work very bitty but it's progressing well and we got to the stage that one of the windows could be put in. So I help Paul pick it up and almost immediately told him we needed to put it down.. it weighted a ton!! I knew there was no way we'd be able to lift it into place on the brickwork!

But luckily enough when it came time to put it in place, I messaged my son in law and he popped round and Paul and him lifted into place and I observed! Perfect ;).
Then the heavens opened yet again!

So I can only share this photo taken between heavy showers yesterday, no time to move things out the way to get a good photo.


but you can see it's coming along.

On the doll front it's been an arriving and leaving sort of month so far!

My golden eyed girl arrived.



I've changed her into something warmer due to this cold snap we are having.


Her sweet face.

So she's arrived and a few Sasha dolls and non Sasha dolls have left. There will probably be a few Sasha's that go up for adoption during the rest of this month and a few more non Sasha's.

But then having said that there are two Sasha's on there way in over the next few months! My other task this month is to finally be brutal and get rid of Sasha clothes.


This is a dress I got from the SC weekend and it's still in it's wrapper! I've also got things from the Chat n Snap from last October still in their wrappers or unused!.

So I'm going to open up every box and bag I have of clothing and shoes and whittle the whole lot down to two boxes of each to keep and the rest is heading for my sales page/ Ebay or the Sasha Bazaar or all three! So if you see something you've made on there please don't be offended because its not that I don't like it any more , I'd have never have bought it if I didn't, it's just I need to be hard!

And now I'm off to load up the camera battery and open the first box... wish me luck... you know I'll be needing it.....

Have a great week

Dee

Ps It's nice to see Hans and his Papa are still about and going to post when the mood strikes.

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sorting out and selling! It's hard, I know from experience, but necessary sometimes :-). Your golden eyed girl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susi :) I've made a start.. just need to keep going!!
      Thank you I'm very pleased I got her :)

      Delete
  2. I love your new girl; she's beautiful. I think the golden eyes and blond hair are an especially nice combination. The folly is really looking great. Looks like you've picked up some nice plants. I sort of feel like I've neglected the yard/garden this season. I started out with good intentions, and then just ran out of steam. Interesting about the Humming Bird Hawk Moth - I've never heard of them before, although where my grandparents lived there were lots of hummingbirds. Such beautiful and interesting little creatures.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad I decided to go for her :) It's coming along and so interesting as each piece fits.
      We have the plants , now it's finding the time to completely dig everything out of the bed and replace and move things about! With the folly ongoing no idea when we'll get to do it!
      I'd never heard of it before paul told me that was what he thought it was! Dee

      Delete
  3. So it looks like nothing much changes in life in general at the Sasha Village... tidying, buying plants,
    sorting, buying plants,
    selling, buying plants,
    new ideas evolving, buying plants,
    ... APART from The Folly is growing superbly in height...ANd there's a beautiful new ponytail Gotz Sasha Doll and stunning Hummingbird Hawk Moth in residence!

    Pleased to, to hear that you had a great time away from work. Good luck for tomorrow's return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be the story of my life ! :) Yes the folly is different to the usual and my new girl who needs a name and that Hummingbird hawk moth! amazing!
      luckily I'm off tomorrow as toil for having to work this coming Saturday..so one more day of freedom!

      Delete
  4. Great catch up Dee - all kinds of news.
    Congrats on your new girl. Love the 'crusader' window in your folly.
    I have seen hummingbird moths in France and was amazed by them. Sadly they wouldn't survive here, too far north, but I'm sure they indicate how wildlife friendly your garden is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie :)
      She is a darling girl :) I kept making Paul build the wall higher before he put it in, as its supposed to be for shooting arrows out of and I insisted it had to be the correct height... lol
      I'd never in my life seen one before and a, really pleased that we have the food it needs in the garden, hopefully it will survive the winter !

      Delete
  5. Gosh, you never seem to stop!! You're always so busy!! Your new doll is gorgeous :) The folly is coming along and I love that 'window', I'm excited to see what it will eventually look like. We get a lot of moths, but nothing like that one. I Googled it to see what they were :) Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have to confess it's more Paul whose not stopping than me.. I'm more foreman and tea bringer, design consultant etc :) I have to confess I too cannot wait to see what it's like , Paul accused me for wanting to see the other window in when I was saying he needed to build the wall it will sit in.. the cheek! He knew I was right in what I was saying... I am the foreman .. lol
      That moth was truly amazing to see, soo fast so hard to get a decent photo of because of just how fast it's wings were going! :)

      Delete
  6. Late again! But I've just seen her - the ochre girl, I mean. FAB! What a sweet face. Congratulations Mummy Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck dear Dee and you are much better at sorting than I am. Perhaps your untiring efforts will motivate me to move on outfits that are not being used regularly. I admire your courage! I also love your new girl golden eyed blonde Gotz girl. Have you named her yet? A real find there! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, I will need it ;) Maybe this time I'll manage to get rid of a couple of boxes!
      She's not agreed to tell me her name yet but soon I think :) xx

      Delete